pages

Friday, March 29, 2013

Dying Eggs (well kind of...)

From the Country...

some dyed, some from a quail and some already blue.

Dyed with black tea and turmeric.
Okay, so this is my half A double S attempt at dying Easter eggs. I have been preoccupied with a certain someones BIG 6th B day blowout this up coming Monday, not to mention all the farm stuff to be done around here.

 I know excuses, excuses...

I have quite a few eggs in great colours already so I took some of the brown ones and did this:

Hard boiled them in black tea (5bags) and some turmeric. 
Let them sit for a couple hours in the pot and steep.
Done.

There are some great natural dyes out there (beets, onion skins, nettle) for Easter eggs- maybe I will check them out next year.

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It "> Related Posts with Thumbnails Pin It