From the country…
On Saturday, April 10th we will be part of the Farm to Home Fair at the Gladstone Hotel from 1- 4:30pm.
At this event you can gather information about:
- Community Supported Agriculture (CSAs)
- Farmers' Markets
- Farmers' Organizations
- Farm Work & Volunteer Opportunities
- Food Policy / Urban Agriculture
And participate in these activities & offerings:
- Delicious Local Appetizers prepared by The Gladstone's Chef Marc Breton
- Interactive Local Butter Tasting presented by Slow Food Toronto
- Family Activities Room presented by FoodShare & Kawartha Ecological Growers
- Live Music by The Strumbellas
The Harvest Kitchen Sisters (Amelia and myself…) will be there with our bells on participating in the family activity room. We are involved with some really great activities planned for the little ones (potato planting, tastings, and games). If you live in the Toronto area and are interested in learning more about local food producers, joining a CSA, Slow Food Toronto, and Farmers’ Markets then jog on down to the Gladstone on Saturday! It will be a super time and a great way to meet like-minded people. While chatting with enthusiastic folks and eating the best in local foods, make sure to check out the Strumbellas! They put on a fantastic show! Tickets are $10 adult or $5 child.
Hope to see you there.