pages

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Gnocchi-tastic!

From the City...
Prink those taters.  
Bake 2 large russet potatoes @ 350 degrees for 45 minutes
mash potatoes, 1 egg and 1/2 -3/4 cup flour 
Knead dough for about a minute until you have a nice little lump of dough like this.
Divide dough into four balls and shape into rolls.
Cut into bite size pieces, keeping in mind they should all be the same shape and size (good luck with that one!!!) and gently imprint with a fork...not sure what the purpose of this is but it sure looks pretty. 

I served mine with a homemade pasta sauce which Simon said should have been something fancier like a rose or a brown butter sauce...hmmm...interesting.  The next batch I make, I'm going to mess around with different cheeses and possibly a different vegetable...but all in all, I'd consider these a total success.  They were buttery and soft and pretty darn good, if I do say so myself, but I won't lie, a bit of a pain in the ass time wise.  Make these when you have a bunch of people over who can help with the process.  
amelia

3 comments:

Pin It "> Related Posts with Thumbnails Pin It