pages

Friday, October 21, 2011

A picture post with some recipes and crafts thrown in!

From the City...
Here's a headband I made for our Little Miss Sunshine.

Stocking knit stitch, cast on 20.  Sewed the ends together with the machine and then laid the edges down and sewed them down flat.  I got my flowery inspiration from this blog.

I made this: Pasta and Red Cabbage Bake
I used these ingredients
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Cook off pasta, rinse and set aside.  
Cook some good quality bacon in a large pot
Add garlic and onions and sauté (yes, right in the bacon fat)
***warning this will smell like total heaven.  
Add cabbage and kale and allow to cook down for about 10 -15 minutes until cabbage is soft
Add 2 big tbsp of dijon mustard
Add pasta and salt and pepper to taste.
Top with breadcrumbs and some dollops of butter and bake for 35-40 minutes 
Simon dressed Theo.

Pumpkin Bread: Recipe here.  Thank you Laurie!
3 loaves to find homes for... aka, in my belly...but really, one for my friend Amanda who's graciously invited me and my (little) plus one to dinner tonight, one for the freezer and one for eating this weekend.  

I have the best pen pal in the world.  A new recipe to try, handmade earrings to wear and a letter which is more like a piece of art full of colour and stories.  So beautiful, I love it.  

-ab

3 comments:

  1. Can I get your pen pal's address? I think I need to start writing this woman and reaping the benefits of her friendship. She sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A penpal -- what a good idea. I don't think I've had a penpal since high school. How did you find yours?

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI Zev,

    My penpal is actually a good friend of mine from university who up and moved out west to work on her phd.

    She's just one of those truly lovely people that cross your path in life that you just cant let slip through your fingers.

    ab

    ReplyDelete

Pin It "> Related Posts with Thumbnails Pin It