pages

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Heritage Turkey Update #2



From the country...

Here is a brief update and some pictures of the flock out on pasture. Some time has passed from my last update and the turkeys are now 12 weeks old and enjoying the green life. I had to clip the flight wings on one side because we had them flying all over the place and up into the trees at night. I am surprised that I haven't lost many, I have only lost a total of 5 birds from the flock due to sickness- which is a record total for sure! A turkeys natural instinct is to fly up to roost on the highest perch but I would rather they roost in the barn at night safe and sound- away from predators. The orders for holiday birds are steadily coming in and I am excited to be able to grow them for many a holiday feast!

here is a little video of the turkeys doing what they do best...

2 comments:

  1. Hi there,
    I am glad I stumbled up this blog.
    Lovely pictures ... This can double up as a Photo Blog :)
    Which one of you is the photographer?

    It is quite a fascinating idea - Sister Bloggers :)

    My wife and I share a blog - it can get crazy once in a while :)
    Here is the link if you like to look http://10yearitch.com
    It is a travel blog :) I know the name sounds as though it is one about rashes :)

    Anyways ... take care and god bless !

    Cheers,
    Madhu

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Madhu,

    I just checked out your blog. Truly beautiful and such great pictures. I also really love the story behind it.

    We are both the photographers for the blog and try hard to capture all the good stuff around us.

    Thanks so much for reading and good luck with all of your travels!

    L & A

    ReplyDelete

Pin It "> Related Posts with Thumbnails Pin It