pages

Monday, January 31, 2011

Winter Rut

From the country...

I am guessing this winter rut has frozen us all to the point of submission. Cold, Cold, nights and stir crazy days. On top of all that WAITING and WAITING (for this darn baby to finish cooking and get the heck outta dodge (dodge meaning my womb).

I clean. Rest. Clean. Plan for next season in terms of farm budget,research etc. Clean. Sneer at the boys for making more mess. Clean up after them. Get crampy and hope it is labour. Go to bed toss and turn all night. Wake up cranky as hell. Start all over.

My hips ache, my boulder belly is gigantic, my face is in a permanent scowl (I have tried smiling it just doesn't happen), I waddle, and urinate every 4 minutes. Such a beautiful time. Stop complaining right?

We are headed for the home birth train though (for the first time in my 3 pregnancies). We blew up the birthing pool yesterday and I have all the supplies. The midwives come this week for the home visit and all is set to go. It won't be long now, I hope....


I guess I will go eat something...

3 comments:

  1. Funny post. I laughed out loud.

    You're so close!!!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! I'm going to say something only based on the fact there is no way you can do any physical damage to me or to those I love....."and this too shall pass". :)

    Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! I do see the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow... sometimes it is just a little cloudy! Laura

    ReplyDelete

Pin It "> Related Posts with Thumbnails Pin It