pages

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Chocolate Beet Root Cake


From the country...

I don't dislike beets. I tolerate beets when need be. There are very few vegetables that I dislike. Beets are just on the bottom of the list.

When I bake a chocolate cake it has to have all the good old fattening stuff like butter, buttermilk, eggs...but when Mark's birthday rolled around he requested a chocolate beet cake.

Beets in a cake? I tried to talk him out of it. He insisted that this baked delight was all the rage, so the cake was made.

It wasn't bad. It was really moist (having 6 beets in it), the cream cheese icing was amazing and simple to make. It had a beety earthiness but it wasn't over powering. Would I trade in my go-to chocolate cake recipe?

Uh, no.

But we did have an extra serving of vegetables with our meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It "> Related Posts with Thumbnails Pin It