pages

Sunday, January 16, 2011

A Recap of Seven Months plus a Recipe...

From the City,

Shesh, it's been a busy seven months! Thanks to my sister for picking up the slack while I've been absent. It really is good to be back though. The last seven months have been spent growing a baby, getting married, working, moving and being showered (see previous post).

I've started my version of nesting here in Toronto by stocking my freezer for when the baby decides to come along (early march). Today I made a spinach cannelloni, one for dinner and one for the freezer. Hopefully I can keep this up for the next 7 Sunday's so that our freezer feeds us well when our life of being first time parents sets in.

Here's the goods:

Spinach
Ricotta Cheese
Garlic
Diced tomatoes
Fresh pasta sheets
Mozzarella Cheese
2 onions

I first processed garlic, spinach and ricotta cheese. I'm sure this is far from what you're supposed to do with traditional cannelloni but this is just how I like to make it. I then did the same with tomato, spinach and onions.


So then to assemble the cannelloni, I take a piece of pasta and put a scoop of ricotta cheese inside, roll it up and place it in the bottom of a dish that has a scoop of tomato sauce in the bottom. Continue this until you've lined the bottom, top with sauce and a good sprinkling of mozzarella cheese.







Bake for 40 min @ 350 degrees.

Looking forward to being back!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It "> Related Posts with Thumbnails Pin It