woah. I'm easily getting behind here these days. Blogging as proven itself more challenging than I thought it would be. Here's my share from last week:
1 bulb fresh garlic (which didn't make the pic)
1 bunch carrots (which simon ate half of)
1 quart red new potatoes
1 pint ochre
1 bag beet greens and swiss chard
1 bag salad greens
1 small cucumber
1 quart cherry tomatoes
1 orange pepper
1 dozen eggs
2 bags of all purpose flour which made the bread
My recipe this week is a vegetarian vegan red lentil curry with potatoes, ochre and carrots. It's pretty delish. You should probably make it today for dinner.
Red Lentil Curry
- 3 Tbs. olive oil
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 cup red lentils, cooked but not too mushy
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and roughly chopped
- 3 medium new potatoes, washed and cubed
- 3 small ochre, thinly sliced
- 14-oz. can coconut milk
- 2 hot house tomatoes or 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1 Tbs. curry powder, preferably hot
- 1 tsp tumeric
- salt to taste
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- dollop of yogurt to garnish
Add carrots, potatoes and ochre and mix well. Allow to cook for 2-3 minutes.
Add tomatoes, coconut milk, bay leaf. Cover and cook until potatoes and carrots are soft (15-20 min).
Season with salt and pepper.
Serve with rice, cilantro and a dollop of yogurt. Best served the next day but really, who can wait that long???