pages

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Black Sesame Sunflower Bread

From the City...

So i've been trying out new recipes lately and came across this raw bread recipe. I thought it was pretty interesting and decided to give it whirl. I know very little about raw food aside from the obvious, the foods must be all served...raw, needless to say I was a little intrigued about the whole mess.

A rule is that foods cannot be considered raw if they're cooked above 104 degrees. Ideally you want to use a food dehydrator to make the bread but I don't have one. So instead I set my oven real low and baked them on and off for about 4-5 hrs. I must admit, it's definitely more of a cracker than a bread, don't expect fluffy layers of heaven or anything.

Here's the recipe, it's pretty great and I'm really happy with the results. If you have some sort of gluten allergy or you wanna try out raw foods, this bread really is ideal and very easy to make.

1 cup ground flaxseed
1/3 cup whole flaxseed
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 clove garlic, minced
1 1/3 cup water
2/3 sunflower seeds
1/4 sesame seeds (I only had white sesame seeds, not black, and it seemed to work out fine)

Lightly grease a baking sheet. Mix all seven ingredients together until you get a thick paste. Pour the paste out onto the greased baking sheet making sure to get all four corners.

Bake long and low for about 4 to 5 hrs. Flip the bread in one large piece at about the 3 hr mark so that you get a nice crunchy crust.

The final product...


Try them for yourself. Serve with jam, peanut butter, hummus, goat cheese or avocados....

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It "> Related Posts with Thumbnails Pin It